The post Grindr Majority Shareholders Led By Billionaire Raymond Zage Withdraw Buyout Bid appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Spencer Platt/Getty Image Grindr’s majority shareholders George Raymond Zage III and James Lu have withdrawn their proposed buyout that values the LGBTQ dating app at $3.5 billion. The duo announced their decision in a regulatory filing after New York-listed Grindr said on Monday that a special committee formed by the company’s board has ceased engagement over the non-binding offer due to “continued uncertainty as to the financing for the proposal.” The company’s senior management preferred to remain a publicly listed company considering that Wall Street analysts have recently upgraded their share price targets to levels well above the $18 per share offered by Zage and Lu, according to the regulatory filing. Four brokerages have this month pegged their 12-month price targets at between $21 and $26 apiece, according to Bloomberg data. “The proposal is withdrawn with immediate effect,” Zage’s investment firm Tiga Investments said in the filing, adding that the majority shareholders are terminating further discussions with the special committee and Grindr. The company’s shares rose 1.5% in morning trading in New York. Zage—who together with Lu owns about 64% of Grindr—intends to continue buying the company’s shares in the open market, Tiga said. The Singapore-based investor said last month he bought more than $200 million Grindr shares in the open market as the stock fell to a one-year low. He is urging the management to boost shareholder returns by increasing share buybacks and at some point paying dividends. Launched in 2009 as one of the first location-based dating apps for gay men, Grindr has since become the most popular LGBTQ mobile app worldwide, claiming over 14 million monthly active users. The company’s net profit climbed 25% to $31 million in the third quarter of this year. Tiga said Zage and Lu “look forward to many years of continued growth… The post Grindr Majority Shareholders Led By Billionaire Raymond Zage Withdraw Buyout Bid appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Spencer Platt/Getty Image Grindr’s majority shareholders George Raymond Zage III and James Lu have withdrawn their proposed buyout that values the LGBTQ dating app at $3.5 billion. The duo announced their decision in a regulatory filing after New York-listed Grindr said on Monday that a special committee formed by the company’s board has ceased engagement over the non-binding offer due to “continued uncertainty as to the financing for the proposal.” The company’s senior management preferred to remain a publicly listed company considering that Wall Street analysts have recently upgraded their share price targets to levels well above the $18 per share offered by Zage and Lu, according to the regulatory filing. Four brokerages have this month pegged their 12-month price targets at between $21 and $26 apiece, according to Bloomberg data. “The proposal is withdrawn with immediate effect,” Zage’s investment firm Tiga Investments said in the filing, adding that the majority shareholders are terminating further discussions with the special committee and Grindr. The company’s shares rose 1.5% in morning trading in New York. Zage—who together with Lu owns about 64% of Grindr—intends to continue buying the company’s shares in the open market, Tiga said. The Singapore-based investor said last month he bought more than $200 million Grindr shares in the open market as the stock fell to a one-year low. He is urging the management to boost shareholder returns by increasing share buybacks and at some point paying dividends. Launched in 2009 as one of the first location-based dating apps for gay men, Grindr has since become the most popular LGBTQ mobile app worldwide, claiming over 14 million monthly active users. The company’s net profit climbed 25% to $31 million in the third quarter of this year. Tiga said Zage and Lu “look forward to many years of continued growth…

Grindr Majority Shareholders Led By Billionaire Raymond Zage Withdraw Buyout Bid

Spencer Platt/Getty Image

Grindr’s majority shareholders George Raymond Zage III and James Lu have withdrawn their proposed buyout that values the LGBTQ dating app at $3.5 billion.

The duo announced their decision in a regulatory filing after New York-listed Grindr said on Monday that a special committee formed by the company’s board has ceased engagement over the non-binding offer due to “continued uncertainty as to the financing for the proposal.”

The company’s senior management preferred to remain a publicly listed company considering that Wall Street analysts have recently upgraded their share price targets to levels well above the $18 per share offered by Zage and Lu, according to the regulatory filing. Four brokerages have this month pegged their 12-month price targets at between $21 and $26 apiece, according to Bloomberg data.

“The proposal is withdrawn with immediate effect,” Zage’s investment firm Tiga Investments said in the filing, adding that the majority shareholders are terminating further discussions with the special committee and Grindr. The company’s shares rose 1.5% in morning trading in New York.

Zage—who together with Lu owns about 64% of Grindr—intends to continue buying the company’s shares in the open market, Tiga said. The Singapore-based investor said last month he bought more than $200 million Grindr shares in the open market as the stock fell to a one-year low. He is urging the management to boost shareholder returns by increasing share buybacks and at some point paying dividends.

Launched in 2009 as one of the first location-based dating apps for gay men, Grindr has since become the most popular LGBTQ mobile app worldwide, claiming over 14 million monthly active users.

The company’s net profit climbed 25% to $31 million in the third quarter of this year. Tiga said Zage and Lu “look forward to many years of continued growth and strong financial performance.”

Zage, founder and CEO of Singapore-based Tiga Investments has a real-time net worth of $1.4 billion, making him one of Singapore’s 50 richest tycoons. Bulk of his wealth comes from his stake in Grindr.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanburgos/2025/11/26/grindr-majority-shareholders-led-by-billionaire-raymond-zage-withdraw-buyout-bid/

Market Opportunity
CreatorBid Logo
CreatorBid Price(BID)
$0.009667
$0.009667$0.009667
+1.83%
USD
CreatorBid (BID) Live Price Chart
Disclaimer: The articles reposted on this site are sourced from public platforms and are provided for informational purposes only. They do not necessarily reflect the views of MEXC. All rights remain with the original authors. If you believe any content infringes on third-party rights, please contact service@support.mexc.com for removal. MEXC makes no guarantees regarding the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the content and is not responsible for any actions taken based on the information provided. The content does not constitute financial, legal, or other professional advice, nor should it be considered a recommendation or endorsement by MEXC.

You May Also Like

CME Group to Launch Solana and XRP Futures Options

CME Group to Launch Solana and XRP Futures Options

The post CME Group to Launch Solana and XRP Futures Options appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. An announcement was made by CME Group, the largest derivatives exchanger worldwide, revealed that it would introduce options for Solana and XRP futures. It is the latest addition to CME crypto derivatives as institutions and retail investors increase their demand for Solana and XRP. CME Expands Crypto Offerings With Solana and XRP Options Launch According to a press release, the launch is scheduled for October 13, 2025, pending regulatory approval. The new products will allow traders to access options on Solana, Micro Solana, XRP, and Micro XRP futures. Expiries will be offered on business days on a monthly, and quarterly basis to provide more flexibility to market players. CME Group said the contracts are designed to meet demand from institutions, hedge funds, and active retail traders. According to Giovanni Vicioso, the launch reflects high liquidity in Solana and XRP futures. Vicioso is the Global Head of Cryptocurrency Products for the CME Group. He noted that the new contracts will provide additional tools for risk management and exposure strategies. Recently, CME XRP futures registered record open interest amid ETF approval optimism, reinforcing confidence in contract demand. Cumberland, one of the leading liquidity providers, welcomed the development and said it highlights the shift beyond Bitcoin and Ethereum. FalconX, another trading firm, added that rising digital asset treasuries are increasing the need for hedging tools on alternative tokens like Solana and XRP. High Record Trading Volumes Demand Solana and XRP Futures Solana futures and XRP continue to gain popularity since their launch earlier this year. According to CME official records, many have bought and sold more than 540,000 Solana futures contracts since March. A value that amounts to over $22 billion dollars. Solana contracts hit a record 9,000 contracts in August, worth $437 million. Open interest also set a record at 12,500 contracts.…
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2025/09/18 01:39
Metaplanet CEO Denies Hiding Details

Metaplanet CEO Denies Hiding Details

The post Metaplanet CEO Denies Hiding Details appeared on BitcoinEthereumNews.com. Storm Over Bitcoin Trades: Metaplanet CEO Denies Hiding Details
Share
BitcoinEthereumNews2026/02/21 21:03
Shadows in the Payment Rail: The Urbenics.com Mystery

Shadows in the Payment Rail: The Urbenics.com Mystery

A new, anonymous player has emerged in the high-risk payment sector. Operating without a public face, Urbenics.com is quietly fueling the offshore casino industry
Share
Fintelegram2026/02/21 20:44