President Donald Trump announced Thursday he is directing the Department of Defense and other agencies to identify and release government files on alien life, unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP), and UFOs.
Trump made the announcement in a post on Truth Social. He cited “tremendous interest” in the subject as the reason for the move.
The announcement came the same day Trump accused former President Barack Obama of revealing classified information about aliens during a public podcast appearance.
Obama added there was “no underground facility” at Area 51 “unless there’s this enormous conspiracy and they hid it from the president of the United States.”
Area 51 is a classified U.S. Air Force base in Nevada. It has long been the focus of conspiracy theories claiming the government stores extraterrestrial materials there.
Following the podcast, Obama posted on Instagram clarifying his comments. He said the universe is vast enough that life elsewhere is likely, but that he saw “no evidence” during his presidency of extraterrestrials making contact with Earth.
The Pentagon has been tracking UAP reports for several years. In late 2024, it reported 757 new UAP sightings between May 2023 and June 2024.
Of those, 21 cases “merit further analysis” due to “anomalous characteristics and/or behaviors,” according to the report.
The Pentagon report stated there was no evidence, so far, to link any of the sightings to life from another planet.
Senior military officials said in 2022 they found no evidence that extraterrestrials had visited or crash-landed on Earth.
Trump’s directive did not include a timeline for when the files would be released or what specific documents would be made public.
The post Trump Orders Massive Release of UFO and Alien Files as Pentagon Logs New Sightings appeared first on CoinCentral.


